Anita's House Mia 5 Drawer Chest of Drawers
- Regular price
- Unit price
White and Bespoke Colours will be shipped within 4-8 weeks.
Our Mia 5 Drawer Chest of Drawers is part of our Anita's House furniture collection designed with both parents and babies in mind.
It is shortlisted in the Junior Design Awards 2021 for 'Best product design for babies'.
The magic of our 5 drawer chest of drawers is quite simply in its weight (it's 64kg), height and extra drawer space. New parents inadvertently place a lot of strain on their backs by carrying and lifting their baby while doing everyday tasks and we believe parents are worth looking after just as much as our babies. The additional weight (there is an internal 50kg ballast) means it won't ever tip, 5 drawers give it maximum storage space and it is the optimum height to protect parents’ backs by reducing the amount of bending required for those 50 or so weekly nappies!
The optimum height for a drawer unit is around 95cm yet many nursery drawer units are so much lower than this, requiring us to bend more and place our backs under strain. Just 10 extra cms means less bending and less back strain.
You could put a changing mat directly on top of the chest of drawers or our more structured and removable wooden changing top.
There is also a small gap at the foot of the chest for you to tuck your feet under so you can stand closely to the chest when you are changing nappies.
- Classic styling works well in any interior, whether contemporary or traditional.
- It can be ordered in any colour to match any other item in our range and to fit with any home interior, and drawer knobs can be personalised. When choosing a 'Bespoke' colour, we will contact you once you have placed your order to ask for a DULUX colour reference.
- It comes with matching items to complement your nursery scheme, including a removable changing top with open ends to allow for your growing baby. So many changing trays have four edges and these are very finite in space so as soon as the baby grows they often hit their heads or their legs. So obvious when it is pointed out, but not obvious to most people before you have experience of changing nappies. We also have a front facing changing top. All changing trays are available to be purchased separately.
- Mia Removable Changing Tray
- It is made in Europe from 100% sustainably-sourced beech and is finished with water-based eco-friendly paint.
- It is robust and solidly built.
- It complies with – and meets - both British and EU safety standards.
- It can be used for years and will work as well in a child’s or teenager’s bedroom as in a baby’s nursery.
- It comes ready assembled, you just need to screw on the top.
- 5 drawers are pretty handy for storing all of your baby’s kit.
- Comes ready assembled - you just need to screw on the top
- Dimensions: W85cmxD49.5cmxH93cm
- Weight: 64kg
All our Anita's House Furniture is made to order and has a lead-time of 6-8 weeks. Please check the top of the product page for current shipping times. The Chest of Drawers comes ready assembled so be sure to measure the access to your nursery to make sure it will fit.
Your order will be sent by courier and you will receive a notification once it has been shipped and will be able to track the order. In some cases, our Anita's List delivery team may be able to deliver the furniture which can occur for London based deliveries. We will be in touch separately should this be the case.
We ship anywhere in the UK. Please see our Shipping Policy for more details. For overseas shipping, please contact us before you place your order for a customised shipping quote.